HEAVY DIESEL APPRENTICESHIP X2
Automotive – Mobile Plant Technology Certificate III (4 years), + bridging year into Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
Divall’s Earthmoving & Bulk Haulage is a thriving family business with a dynamic and inclusive work environment. We are offering two (2) exciting full-time apprenticeship opportunities for motivated individuals with an interest in gaining “hands on” work experience and technical training as a Heavy Diesel Mechanical Apprentice.
You will acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to complete the apprenticeship, together with a view to establishing a career in the mechanical industry.
The successful candidates will initially complete a Certificate III Mobile Plant Technology qualification over 4 years, followed by completion of relevant units from the Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology qualification. This will be completed through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience, resulting in a dual qualification for both heavy truck and plant mechanical work.
We will provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential. Your role will expose you to various industry related tasks, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
Typical duties of apprentices include:
· Apply principles of WHS in the work environment.
· Carry out general maintenance and repairs on plant, trucks and crushing equipment.
· Work both at the Carrick Workshop and on various civil and mining sites.
· Assist qualified tradesmen.
· Be a confident communicator.
· Be able to undertake manual/physical work.
· Be motivated with a genuine interest in the industry.
· Be trustworthy and reliable.
· Have a high level of attention to detail.
· Be committed to the full term of the apprenticeship.
· Possess a sound aptitude in mathematics and science subjects.
· Have good manual handling techniques and safety focus.
· Ability to work with hand tools.
· Ability to read and interpret technical information.
· A current driver’s licence is required.
What We Offer:
· A supportive and inclusive family business environment.
· Comprehensive on-the-job training and mentorship from experienced professionals.
· The opportunity to work on real mechanical projects and gain practical experience.
· Competitive compensation and benefits package.
· Attainment of a dual qualification.
· A pathway to a full-time mechanical role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
This position will require work on a rotating shift-work roster, working day & afternoon shifts. Saturday work on a rotating roster may be required.
If you are a dedicated and ambitious individual eager to kickstart your mechanical career while enjoying the unique benefits of an apprenticeship program, we encourage you to apply. Send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications, aspirations, and motivations for joining our team to email@example.com.
Join Divall’s and embark on a rewarding career in the Mechanical industry. We look forward to welcoming two passionate Heavy Diesel Apprentices to our team.
Divall’s is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Application Deadline: 28th November 2023