Role: Centre Cook
Location: Goodstart Yass
Centre: Goodstart Yass
Employment Type: PPT - 30 hours per week
- Delight little customers with big appetites – provide delicious meals and influence the nutritional outcomes of Australian children
- Competitive pay – at least 5% above award
- Get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
Are you looking for a chance to bring your culinary skills to a place where you’ll make a real difference, and be valued for what you do every day?
In this role, you will:
- Support the health and wellbeing of children through planning and preparing nutritious food
- Ensure the safety of children by preparing meals to account for special dietary requirements and allergies
- Use your creativity and organisational skills to plan the menu and order food supplies in consultation with the Centre Director
- Maintain high standards of food safety by ensuring all storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks is hygienic
About Goodstart Yass
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre, is in the quiet rural town of Yass, approximately 40 minutes from Canberra. Our centre is beautifully positioned, just off the main street, within walking distance to all town facilities including supermarkets, shops, and schools.
What Goodstart can offer you:
- We pay highly competitive wages, at least 5% above the national award rates
- 50% discount off your childcare gap fees and 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - our wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work-life balance
- Retail discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology
- Uniform allowance and employee referral program
- Security and stability - as Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care and a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or experience cooking within a childcare setting
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.
Have a question? Contact our Talent Acquisition Team on 1800 222 543 or via email email@example.com
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We’re an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We know that Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We’re also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
Safety is our priority, and we will take any action necessary to ensure that all children can feel safe and be safe, and are safeguarded from abuse, neglect and harm. As a Child Safe Organisation, all our candidates must have or must obtain a valid working with children check