About Yass Valley Dental
We're a longstanding, local business offering comprehensive general dental services to Yass, Murrumbateman and the wider Canberra region.
We enjoy having fun at work, while taking patient care seriously. Providing excellent service and getting the best outcome for patients is top priority, and our team culture and values reflect these ideals.
About the opportunity
With our practices continuing to grow, we have room for fresh faces to join our team again.
We see ourselves as a training organisation, where you can be supported to grow your knowledge and skills in a range of directions.
A full-time week is generally 8 days per fortnight, working at both our Yass and Murrumbateman locations. Dental experience is very welcome but comprehensive training is provided for all new team members.
What do our Dental Assistants do?
Dentists and clinicians rely on the support of dental assistants every day. A great dental assistant will be there to make sure everything runs smoothly.
A dental assistant’s day (generally from 8.15am until 6.30pm) is spent ensuring all treatment areas are sterile, organised and well prepared for the dentist to treat patients. Among other things, this includes:
- Greeting patients, preparing them in the dental chair and documenting patient treatment and dental charts during the consultation
- Sterilising equipment
- Anticipating needs and positioning tools and equipment within the dentist’s reach as required
- Providing patients with instructions for post-operative care
- Assistance may also be needed developing X-rays, as well as pouring and trimming dental impression moulds
Do you share the same skills and traits that make our team incredible?
- A can-do attitude, willingness to learn quickly and use initiative to support others
- Reliability and a strong work ethic
- Confidence in working with a range of dental equipment
- The ability and willingness to work long hours (often on your feet)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions quickly and carefully
- Professional and caring verbal and written communication skills, with confidence speaking to patients
- Experience working in a high performing team
- Impeccable personal hygiene and presentation
- The ability to remain focused and highly organised in a busy workplace, showcasing time management and multitasking skills
To be successful…
- Qualifications or experience in a dental or health profession is very welcome, but not essential
- Alignment with our team values
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks without supervision
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures or willingness to learn
- Ability to start early or finish late to provide continuity of services for our patients
- Valid driver's licence
- Up-to-date immunisation record