About Yass Valley Dental
We're a longstanding, local business offering comprehensive general dental services to Yass, Murrumbateman and the wider Canberra region.
We enjoy having fun at work, while taking patient care seriously. Providing excellent service and getting the best outcome for patients is top priority, and our team culture and values reflect these ideals.
About the opportunity
With our practices continuing to grow, we have room for fresh faces to join our team again.
We see ourselves as a training organisation, where you can be supported to grow your knowledge and skills in a range of directions.
A full-time week is generally 8 days per fortnight, working at both our Yass and Murrumbateman locations. Dental experience is very welcome but comprehensive training is provided for all new team members.
What do our Front Office Coordinators/Receptionists do?
Whether booking in a patient for their regular dental hygiene appointment or answering any questions they may have, our front office coordinators are vital to creating a welcoming practice atmosphere and are an important source of information for patients.
Providing excellent patient support and care is what they do best!
A typical day (generally from 8.15am until 6.30pm) is spent ensuring the smooth operation of everything front-office. Among other things, this includes:
- Planning ahead to manage appointment books and availability
- Greeting patients with a smile! Checking them in and out of appointments, ensuring all important information and documents are well organised, and processing payments
- Answering and making phone calls, to book appointments and answer patient questions
- Leading the daily team meeting
- Managing correspondence and patient follow up, such as patient care calls, sending and responding to emails, forwarding required X-rays and referrals to specialists
- Keeping the practice clean and tidy
Do you share the same skills and traits that make our team incredible?
- A can-do attitude, willingness to learn quickly and use initiative to support others
- Reliability and a strong work ethic
- Confidence using technology, working with a range of computer software and specialised dental equipment
- The ability and willingness to work long hours (often on your feet)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions quickly and carefully
- Professional and caring verbal and written communication skills, with confidence speaking to patients over the phone and face to face
- Experience working in a high performing team
- Impeccable personal hygiene and presentation
- The ability to remain focused and highly organised in a busy workplace, showcasing time management and multitasking skills
To be successful…
- Qualifications or experience in a dental or health profession is very welcome, but not essential
- Alignment with our team values
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks without supervision
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures or willingness to learn
- Ability to start early or finish late to provide continuity of services for our patients
- Valid driver's licence
- Up-to-date immunisation record