Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in food preparation and basic cooking tasks under guidance
- Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits;
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen by washing, sanitising, and organising kitchen equipment, dishes, and utensils;
- Regularly clean food prep areas, floors, and surfaces to ensure a safe and orderly kitchen environment;
- Receive, unpack, and store incoming kitchen supplies in their designated places;
- Keep track of inventory levels and alert the kitchen supervisor when supplies are running low;
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers;
- Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines to ensure the safety of the food being prepared and served;
- Report any safety hazards or maintenance issues to the kitchen manager;
- conduct Waitress Duties as required
- Ad Hoc duties as required from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic understanding of kitchen operations and hygiene practices.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Willingness to learn and take direction from the kitchen supervisor.
If this sounds like you, email through your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the main bar and ask for Ollie.