About the role
We have an exciting opportunity at our Goulburn-based workshop, for a Heavy Diesel Mechanic. This is a full-time opening for a long-term career with us. Our workshop is well maintained & installed with state-of-the-art technology. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a vast range of heavy plant and equipment, across our multi-branded fleet.
About our culture
If you want a motivating career that provides the rewards of job satisfaction, excellent income potential, working with teams of people, plus further opportunities for professional advancement, then a career at Divall’s should be your preferred choice. We encourage and provide all our staff the opportunity to improve their skill set whilst working with us. It is our aim that each one of our team members wakes up in the morning, excited to come to work. It is this culture that has resulted in the great team we have, & the type of culture we will continue to build.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, pneumatic, diesel, & auto electrical systems, including hydraulic repairs, all in accordance with requirements detailed on job cards.
- Repairs and scheduled servicing to all company vehicles and machinery, both in the workshop and in the field, as required.
- Coaching, mentoring, and training of apprentices, trades assistants, trainees, and work experience students.
Preferred qualifications, skills, and experience;
- Mechanical Trade Qualification – Plant or Heavy Diesel Vehicle
- Proven experience in a similar workshop-based role.
- MR License or above is an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Can-do, ambitious, energetic, and flexible attitude is essential.
- Team player, with integrity and resourcefulness to meet deadlines.
- Caterpillar, Komatsu, Cummins & Kenworth experience preferred but not essential.
- Work/life balance, flexible work hours, roster system
- Above award rates & allowances
- Generous overtime scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Modern fleet of trucks, trailers and machinery
- Uniform & required PPE supplied
- Safety conscious workplace
- Career development and progression opportunities
All applicants must be entitled to work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a criminal history check and pre-employment medical, including drug & alcohol testing.
We thank you for your interest in a position, & look forward to reviewing your application.
Applications, including qualifications, work history, & 2 x references, should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org